Thursday, August 26, 2010

Going North

I have three blog posts that I will post on here this afternoon, but I am writing a new one at this point in time just to get some thoughts out.. I had plans of updating my blog regularly, but the last few weeks have been a crazy time, which seems to be the norm these days. I really need to get my life in control - there has to be some balance and some time to just unwind and enjoy what is going on around me. I have no time to heighten my senses and really experience all of the things that I am blessed to have.

I always wanted to own a business - be the fire on the torch and light my own path and successes. I am so competitive, that the hotel industry could not be more of a perfict fit for me in that regard. It keeps me driven and looking for ways to outperform the other hotels around me.. but on the flip side, it all gets to be a bit to much after time. I put an extensive amount of pressure on myself to be the most successful entrepreneur around Dallas, which means that I am my own worst enemy. I do not like to be number 2 in anything that I do, but I need to come to terms with the realization that not being first is okay - and that a balance in life is what you really need to be happy.

Aside from all of that, I really would like a change in my life. Something substantial enough to create a different mood on a daily basis. I miss natural scenery, beauty, sunsets, water, and all of the other elements of Earth that are not present here in Dallas. My roots are here, my family, friends, etc.. but I can not get over the peace that I can not find here. In Phoenix, no matter how my day went, as soon as I stepped outside, I was witness to beautiful surroundings. It always calmed my mind. Here I get to look at concrete, highways, buildings, strip malls, trees (if I am lucky), and man made lakes. It just does not do it for me. This conversation has taken place between and many other people, and no one seems to understand where I am coming from. It's very simple - there are two things that can put me in a different place - music and natural beauty. No matter how positive or negative my mood is that, if either of those two things are present, it is a powerful tool for me to go to a peaceful state of mind - a meditation of sorts. When you put them together, music in a place that is serene and spectacular, at that moment in time, life equals perfection.

It's my time to find that serene place again.. let me know if you have any suggestions :)

1 comment:

  1. "...and no one seems to understand where I am coming from." I TOTALLY get where you are coming from. Sometimes the air feels so stale it's suffocating.

    ReplyDelete